Outer Barrier Reef Cruise (Platform)
This exciting reef cruise will take you to a spacious activity platform moored at a magnificent site on the outer edge of the Great Barrier Reef. It’s a day suited for all ages and swimmers and non-swimmers can enjoy a wide range of activities. Snorkel and dive in pristine coral gardens and with the semi-submersible and underwater observatory, you don’t even have to get wet to discover the reef! A great range of optional activities include scuba diving, the very quirky and fun Scuba Doo underwater scooter, snorkel tours and scenic helicopter flights. There’s also the option to combine a 2 hour stopover on Green Island.
Great Adventures Barrier Reef Adventure
Outer Barrier Reef Cruise (Platform)
Experiences - Cairns
- Your Day includes
- Optional Extras
- What to Bring
- Return fast catamaran cruise to the Great Barrier Reef
- Morning & afternoon tea
- Reef Presentation
- Three (3) hours at Outer Reef platform
- Snorkelling equipment (fins, mask & snorkel) and instruction provided
- Hot and cold buffet lunch
- Semi-submersible coral reef viewing tour with commentary
- Underwater Observatory and Eco Reef Talk
- Use of buoyancy vests
|10.00am||- Vessel boarding
- Complimentary tea & coffee until departure
|10.30am||Depart for Great Barrier Reef|
|11.20am||- Morning tea cake selection served on outward journey from Green Island
- Reef presentation and snorkelling demonstration enroute
|12.30pm||Arrive at Great Barrier Reef Platform
- Reef activities commence
- Semi-submersible tour departs every 30 minutes or as advised
|1-2.30pm||Buffet lunch served|
|3.45pm||Depart Great Barrier Reef Platform via Green Island|
|5.30pm||Arrive at Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal|
- Scuba Doo underwater scooter
- Introductory scuba diving
- Certified scuba diving
- Guided snorkel tour
- Scenic helicopter flights
- Wetsuit and optical mask for hire.
- Underwater digital camera available for hire
- Your camera
- Swimming costume and beach towel
- Hat, sunscreen and shirt for sun protection
- Cash for drinks at the bar
- Credit cards for souvenirs
- Underwater cameras available for purchase, underwater digital cameras available to hire.
"Right from the very first contact for our executive team group booking, the responses and information was quick and informative. We were given a range of options to choose from. I was kept up to date with progress and how the day would be structured. The process on the day was seamless and stress free which is fantastic when taking care of a group. All of the administration and operational staff of Quicksilver that we dealt with were fantastic. It was one of the best team events we have done both from an ease of arrangements and an incredible experience point of view. Thanks very much to everyone involved."
Christine Bennett, AA Insurance Limited
“Incremental Marketing Group has contracted Quicksilver over a number of years including the past 2 consecutive years to transfer our incentive program delegates to the Great Barrier Reef. We deal with high profile companies from Australia and around the world delivering our Programs.
It has been extremely important for our company to engage with suppliers that are not only reliable but maintain high standard of professionalism and delivery of their service. Quicksilver has never disappointed us.
Many of our delegates, as part of our Programs, have used these opportunities as a once in a lifetime experience to visit our world famous Reef. As such we are passionate that their experience lives up to everything they hope for. The Quicksilver team in both on land and on the water have always delivered what they promised. And this, always with professionalism, attention to detail, and cheerfulness from the pre-planning stage to the actual day.”
- Rob Mustow | Account Director, Incremental Marketing